Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Saga Continues, FOUND: The Cause of My Horrendous Back and Side Pain


SOOOOO...... I have been having horrible, piercing, persistent bi-lateral side pain since last fall. This March my back was so bad I was crawling, non-stop crying, and the symptoms have never fully resided. In February I went into urgent care with really bad side pains in what I thought may have been appendicitis. I was sent home with a diagnosis of chronic constipation, lovely, I know you all wanted to know that. That diagnosis is true enough, what they neglected to tell me was that I still have my Esssure implants in from my sterilization surgery nightmare and it is protruding 1-2millimeters out of my uterine lining. My primary care doctor told me this last week when I went in to have my back checked. As I have said before, I can take pain, even this extreme pain, I was resolved to live with it miserably for the rest of my life. I had surgery in June 2008 to remove the implants and my fallopian tubes. My surgeon felt it was the best option and wanted to be sure I didn't have anymore complications with the Essure Coil Implants. So why are they still in me, floating around, hanging partially out of my uterus causing me untolerable pain? It was such a tough decision to be sterilized, I wanted to have my own biological children with the man I love. We weren't willing to risk my life and Forrest and I made this decision with much thought and counseling. This is one of many complications with this procedure and my emotions emerge again every time something happens. I am scared, worried, and hurting. Surgery was the last thing on my mind, I have had my fill. I find out next week what I have to do, these implanted coils have to come out. Either by themselves, or with my uterus attached. This sucks!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

we are thinking good thoughts for your uterus around here! I'm glad you are posting what you are going through, its not who you are (EDL) but it is a pretty big part of your life and i (for one) want to know about it!

and of course, i also want to see pictures of the pups and photos of your jewelry!